Wifi router too costly to afford? Don't worry, you can use your Ethernet Connection on your laptop or pc as a wifi hotspot router to use internet.
This works only when the system is active.
This method can be used when router is not working properly or if it is under repair. You can try this method for temporary use.
Even if you dont have router at home, you can use hotspot on your pc as much as u want.
Why waste money on data packs for mobiles when you have wifi at home? ;)
- This works only when a ethernet connection is enabled to your pc.
- Right Click On START Menu and choose “Command Prompt (Admin)“.
- Click "Yes" if prompted.
- Enter the following command, replacing the values for SSID and KEY with the network name and password you want:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=techiesmind key=password
- Run the following command to start the network:
netsh wlan start hostednetworkNow, You're Done With Creating a Hotspot Network.
Next step is to share the ethernet connection.
- Choose ADAPTER SETTINGS from NETWORK AND SHARING Tab.
- Right-click your main ethernet connection and choose “Properties.”
- Under the “Sharing” tab, click the box labeled “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- In the drop down below the above box, choose the network connection that currently has internet access.
- Click OK
Troubleshoot wifi problem in windows 10 after setting up wifi hotspot on your PC or Laptop using command prompt.
- If you have disabled your network by mistake, you can enable it from DEVICE MANAGER.
- After selecting Device Manager from system properties select network adapters and check whether all the adapters are enabled.
- If any adapter is disabled, right-click on that adapter and select enable.
- After enabling it you need to create hotspot once again using Command Prompt.
You might be interested in how to disable/turn off windows automatic updates?
Comment your views below. :)